Saturday, May 23, 2009

REINCARNATION

Iam popular among the kids of my relatives because i keep them entertained and really step down to their level. My favourite one's "Nithish", my cousin brother's son who is very close to me and iam a kind of a hero to him. Well that's history. I had to leave my native for my higher studies and now "Rithanya" Nithish's younger sister doesnt even recognise me :-(



Nithish and me
Rithanya
That was untill this summer.Last week i was to my cousin's place. Both Nithish and Rithanya were there as they were on summer vacation too. Initially Rithu(short form of rithanya) was very shy and didnt even answer my questions. But soon when Nithish and me started playing, rithu had to join us as we were her only available playmates. This was the icebreaker between me and rithu! She slowly started talking to me and soon was under my spell. we first played hide and seek, monkey and ball, then some pc games followed by drawing mushtaches to their photos in ms-paint,then i showed them some magic tricks (really kiddish ones like where u cut your thumb into two parts etc...), then an origami session followed by launching the rockets and freeing the paper bats we made during the origami session and finally a shuttle cock game on the terrace. by the time i left, rithanya had become as close and as intimate to me as nithish.



This Summer
Its almost a two-hour journey home from my cousin's. I was lost in thoughts. How Blank and inert this world has changed me. I was faaaaaaaaar away from my original self lately. "Lately" is an understatement. Its somewhen from between the day i joined college(3 years ago) and (/till) yesterday. The person who was with these kids today is the REAL "Me". "I" got lost somewhere in this busy grown up's world. i dont mean that the real me is a kid. What I mean is the enthusiasm in whatever i do and my creativity; though i've been harnessing my creativity in my college life(for some adolescentish reasons included;) ) it is in no way comparable to how i felt using it for those kids.




In the dull, monotonous lifestyle of college i've lost my originality. This originality is compatible in the grownup's world but for no reason i've abandoned it, though not intentionally or suddenly. It was rather gradual and out of my knowledge. There is no specific reason for this abandonment. This's just what happens to everyone out there. Its just how we humans transform. From fully enthusiastic self aware individuals to bleached, money making robots; conrol freaks! As the saying goes




"In the process of searching for the answer, we loose hold of the question!"




May be i'll even need more reincarnations of my originality in many a future summer vacations to keep the REAL "me" alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment